Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love, love will tear us apart again

It's been long enough and after that unbearable little hiatus, what better opportunity to get IDWTMYA back on track than by posting a Valentine's day entry? Not much has happened since I stopped writing a while back so this is fairly recent.



First off, I've ALWAYS hated Valentine's day. Yes, I am being bitter about it. Seeing as I've never ever been on a V-day date (even when I WAS in a relationship), you could see why I'm quick to dismiss this whole holiday as a farce conceived with intent to disrupt the balance of nature, at least my balance of nature; my sense of balance as to how to position myself against the disproportionate number of people coming out of the blue to remind me of how frustrating my romantic life has been. Okay, I'm getting delusional here. It's overrated to say it's overrated but yeah, it's overrated. Either that or I just didn't see much of a point in celebrating this to begin with.



I ended up going to this party down at Cups and Lowercase called "Love Stinks, Let's Drink" with some friends of mine. The beer was drink all you can and yeah, I should've gotten more to make sure I was perfectly sloshed the day after but I could say I had a fair amount. Dropped by Metro for the first time ever after we realized not much was going on at Cups.

Things were pretty stale but hey, beats staying at home thinking about why I'm not in love for Valentine's day. Maria- 1, Lord Gloom- 0.



Oh, and I absolutely love how I pulled off that post-punk look last Saturday. If that's any consolation, I guess I'm a bit happier trying to impress myself somehow. Make me feel a lot better about myself when I see it work. Thanks to everyone who spent time with me. PJ, Arisa, Jariya, Jariya's friend, Buddy, Steff and new friends Richard and John. Hope to see you guys again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment