Saturday, October 15, 2011

Only because you're a name, a face and a time of day



A week or so ago, a co-worker asked if you were my sister the first time you showed up at my office. I didn't know what to say. Picking up on that particular loss for words, he followed up by saying, "next time, be specific, we don't know what she is to you!" Looking back, I knew exactly what you meant to me but up until that point, it hadn't occurred to me that there were no words to describe the way I felt for you. Whatever it was, I only had myself to offer and I'd only take whatever you chose to give. All I knew was that I loved you and that for once, I'd actually want to fall in. You knew this. To be honest, the hardest part of this whole thing was letting you know in the first place. With that out of the way, I no longer saw the point in being scared. This is definitely something and I won't be ashamed to say it. I'm proud of the way I feel for you. To be shameless and vulnerable, to be proud and unapologetic. I'm that way with you and it all seems to flow so naturally. It's as if you've always been there. Where I'm usually wary of being dragged into other people's lives, I'm at peace with the belief that I wasn't taken here against my will. I wanted to be a part of your life, just as much as you were becoming a part of mine. The people around us will understand in time but in the spaces between your lips and mine, no one else matters. In the vastness of that space, I only have you. From October 10 onwards, we have each other. I love you. For proving me wrong about ever finding someone worthwhile without conditions, I will love you in every lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment