Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mother was young once


My mom was eighteen years old in this picture. This was taken on a trip my mom and her friends took before my father started courting my mother. The week after this, my dad anonymously sent her flowers and would deny ever sending them. Eventually he did though (sellout!). Mostly for fear of having some other douchebag rest on the laurels of his gesture. The result was a little monstrosity they would oftentimes want to strangle in sheer frustration. Way to go for a teacher/student relationship. Okay, well technically she was my dad's friend's student. Whatever. It's odd just imagining how my parents were kids just like me. That they were people way before I came along.

On a side note, I absolutely adore those seafoam green loafers and those short Adidas shorts. I'd wear the exact same thing. As in THE EXACT SAME THING. Well, maybe not shorts that short but still pretty short nonetheless.

Oh and yeah, does anyone notice how my mom sort of resembles BP somehow? It's probably just me though.

My mother was young once.

No comments:

Post a Comment