Sunday, June 13, 2010

Distant terminals

Distant Terminals

When the sleepless stray far from the bases of their shadows, the morning shall blossom for us. Hanging from the cradles of daylight, we're so quiet and uncertain. "Will I ever see you again?", I asked and "I'll see you soon" was all you said but I never did see you again. In the currency of time and distance, our fragile words never last; in every fleeting instance, we're all too quick to pass. "I never saw you again.", I said. When "I'll see you soon" was all you said, I never did see you again. I never did see you again.

For every bit of permanence, we never lasted long and as our paths converged on open roads, this meeting was one to mean the most. The beautiful never last long, they say.

From here on in, every untransmitted signal has this to say: "We will always float in dead trajectory; to drift in the spaces where our fragile hands once met."

It is because of a non-singular you that I will never love again.

1 comment: