Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I keep living the same day


Groundhog day. It's sort of like that. Couple that with Geoff Rickly's mantra in the United Nations song, "I keep living the same day" and you might be able to come up with a pretty clear picture of what the past few weeks have been for me. I suppose this is playing off just like the aforementioned Bill Murray film, making a royal ass of myself as I wake following 30 minutes of sleep. Over and over again. Time management has always been a long standing issue but I think this would sort of take the cake as to setting a new zenith for non-productivity.

I don't like this. No. I don't like this at all. It's making me feel like crap to be perfectly honest, knowing that the bills aren't getting any cheaper and I'm still not to the point of frantically trying to pull myself across the board for a swift and uneventful graduation. If I'm going to make something of this, I'll have to get to work and I believe the only way I'm getting this into my thick skull is by way of writing.

What do I want to happen, exactly? I want to get all of my paperwork done and I want to stop pushing things aside to slack off. I have enough free time anyway, so I don't get why I have to put so much stuff off for later. Besides, if I get that down, I ought to have enough time to sleep as well. Management. Seriously, I need me some of that. First off, I'm switching all of my documents to Donna, the other laptop. Turning it into a dedicated workstation for writing music, recording, live performances and more than anything, a machine for generating papers. It's only one year and whereas I'm still in sort of a slump, I ought to be able to pull it together this week.

The world never stops passing by and for a self-proclaimed transient, I have to be there in its passing. I have to move with it. It's that same dynamism I have to practice if I want to get to where I want to be.

I'm not starting over, I'm moving forward. Wouldn't want to place any more burdens on anyone.

1 comment: