Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mossuraya


Haven't played shows in a while. Since Paeng is in Laguna for the time being, Paris and I started this little two-piece band to keep us busy named For A Second, Everyone In London Sleeps. We played our first show last night at the DC leg of Mossuraya's SEA tour. Played first since we were the first full band to get there, being only the two of us. Went through the set fast enough. I finally discovered how to get noise out of my new guitar and subsequently ended up grating my wrists over it.

Dha from Manila was there, nice finally meeting her formally after seeing her on our 2008 Manila tour. I wanted to talk to her at the time but I didn't know if that was her for real. Turns out, yeah that was her. A lot of my school friends showed up to support us too. Arisa and Jariya Heitz were there with their friends. The Harley's people were there too. So yeah, the gang's all there. Being a hardcore show, I already knew most of the people and it felt like home for once.

Mossuraya was fucking crazy. Best set I've seen in Davao as of late. I really enjoyed how weird those guys are. I hope to see more bands like this soon. Tights, odd use of instruments, stage antics et al. Hell, Ivan from Roundhead was stripped in the middle of the moshpit. Shit was insane.

Best show I've seen in a while. Looking forward to more shows like this in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment