Thursday, April 15, 2010

Standing on the edge of summer


Home. This insignificant little speck on the information superhighway will always feel like home to me. It feels exactly like that every time I leave a little something for IDWTMYA in so much as it strikes me the same way whenever I return after days or weeks of travel or general absence. Going back to the same old people, places and things will never cease to leave me with a balanced feeling of fulfillment. To a certain degree, that aspect of my being is mirrored in my relationship with this journal.

Last semester was terrible to say the least and as far as grades go, I do believe I got what I deserved for the effort I put into that whole mess. I'm not happy, but I do believe I brought this upon myself. I didn't fail anything though, so I suppose I shouldn't be that distraught. It's just terrible knowing I could've done better but didn't. Regrets will be regrets, I have to live with them. Best measure? Think prescriptive. Since I've been throwing the term reflexivity around so much, might as well disrupt the status quo of my own conduct.

I've been in college for four years, going on five. Albeit a year later than my actual batchmates, I'm graduating. I have six subjects left before I do so and I guess it's high time I actually gave this school thing some actual thought. Well, thought that finds its way into actual practice hopefully.

I'm taking summer classes now, working on my deficiencies. They won't be there for long. Considering taking up a minor degree in Philosophy. I've always wanted to. Seeing as I have free units for the next semester, this is finally a viable option. Plans for graduate school have changed, however. I'm considering going to La Salle for my masters instead of UP. I'd probably take International Studies but yeah. We'll find out when we get there.

In other news, Caitlyn Bailey is on summer hiatus again as Paeng's up in Laguna doing his thing. In order to keep the momentum up and just to make sure that our drummer stays sharp, I started a new band with Paris just to practice screamo drumming and blast beats. We write pretty fast, old-school screamo. We're playing a show this Friday with Swiss art-punk brigade, Mossuraya and Malaysian grindcore group, Damokis. Our new band's name is For A Second, Everyone In London Sleeps. Shit should be cash. It's Paris on drums and me on guitar and vocals.

Still inching my way out of my second semester haze, things have been picking up as of late. Things are stable, which is a good thing. I sincerely hope I keep the momentum going.

Oh, and before I forget; Bianca is giving birth this May. I'm really looking forward to the baby and seeing B again. Okay, since we brought this up I'm also looking forward to spending actual time with some friends up in Manila while I'm at it. So school, friends, band life, future plans and all; yeah I'm optimistic.

I hope it's not too late to make it up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment