Sunday, November 22, 2009

Now I know what you're in my life for


Love In Athens have a new song up on myspace, it's called 'Parang awa mo na, bayaran mo na utang mo'. This song leans towards a more bedroom/dreampop sound; tried messing out with different mixes and given the quality of the mic recording I think the hazier vocals fit better with what I'm trying to go for. I hope Denise likes it though. Lyrically, it's about how unexpected events bring about the frustrations of shared experience.

On a side note, our good mutual friend Paolo Segura is moving to Manila to live up to the whole Nescafe Soundskool thing. Denise and Paolo have been friends since forever and even if I've only known him for a fraction of the time she has, I guess I'd miss him too. Walking around Damosa earlier on in the evening, we were talking about what it would be like in his absence. After joking around a bit, she had this to say: "You know, it sort of hit me. I was thinking if anyone would be able to take his place while he's away. Now, I know what you're in my life for."

As for taking that supporting friend role, I could never be the friend who's been there for years and years; I could however be the friend who keeps her company while he's away. I guess this ties in with shared experience and well, given the time we've spent, the time we're spending and the time we are to spend together; we only have room to grow.

To friendship, Paolo and Love In Athens. Now I know what I'm in your life for.

Love In Athens on Myspace
Love In Athens on Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment