Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I am seriously not getting any younger


Just so you know, I was young once. I'm not getting any younger. If you've read through my previous entries, you'll know this is something that both fascinates me and greatly scares me. I've always had a penchant for the uncertain and I always welcome change but I guess a part of us will always opt to cling to the safety of a familiar state of life.

This part of my life is coming to a close and I am ready to welcome the person I am to become within the next few years.

"One year until Manila", my mother said a while ago. "Be patient, you'll miss this when it's gone." As ready as I think I am for something new, I guess I'm also taking the time to prepare for the things I'm to miss when I leave this town.

I am seriously not getting any younger.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom's right. Don't be too impatient. You'll get here someday. Till then, take in everything there. Every feeling, every sensation. You'll miss it when you're gone.

    - L/K/F

    ReplyDelete