Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Come what may


I think it sort of runs as a recurring theme as per the content of my entries, whenever I say something that would hint towards establishing some sense of stability with regards to myself, my relationship with myself and my relationships with other people. I occasionally refer to this as the unending search for permanence. In case you've been following IDWTMYA, you might have seen words or phrases of similar bearing thrown around a lot.

Instead of rambling endlessly about it like I always do, I suppose it would make more sense to sum it up in words that wouldn't be so indulgent as they are a primer towards the rest of the day and if absolutely necessary- the days to come.

The question I pose is this: What need is there for permanence in the life of a self-proclaimed "loveless transient"?

As the seconds roll by, snowballing into hours, days and weeks; may this be my momentary afterthought. I'd like to find out what permanence means to the transient in me and discern if the voice of the other is polarizing enough to assume a mutually exclusive persuasion. If I must be a transient, where am I going and to what end?

1 comment:

  1. I have two answers for this:

    First is that maybe transience is permanence for you. Your transience is what's permanent and it's what makes you feel safe. But, as paradoxical as this may seem may seem, answer two is that maybe it's also through your transience that you find your permanence. You'll find things (people, feelings, places) that stay even when you don't (whether literally or figuratively). And maybe these things are your permanence. I hope you find what you are looking for.

    - coeur, L/K/F

    ReplyDelete