Thursday, December 17, 2009

When you wake, you're still in a dream


Two of my parents' closest friends, my godparents died last Monday along with their grandson on the way home from Tacurong. They crashed into a truck and got so horribly disfigured from the accident that they weren't readily identified when they got dragged out of the wreckage. There might not be a wake, might go straight into cremation. I don't know. Still reeling in the wake of Peter's death, I don't know what to feel about this. These are people I've known my whole life, good people at that. I just couldn't imagine how I used to think these people would end up meeting my children and telling them the same things they told me when I was younger.

Apart from this, I'm also worried about a close family friend from the states. She's been like an aunt to me ever since I went and stayed at her place up in Cerritos and also ended up becoming one of the reasons why I wanted to play in a band so badly with her being former drummer of a Beatles cover band. She just came here for a visit a few months prior and now I find out she has cancer.

As much as I'd like to ask if this would ever end, I think I know full well that events and instances like these are just hard facts of life we have to come to terms with.

Important thing here is we were left with something good to remember them by, tangible or not. I know I'll look back to this thanking them for whatever they did for me and my family. Loss comes and goes but the things I choose to make for myself and the people around me last so long as people remember. At least aunt Julie's still alive. I really hope she pulls through. I really want to see her again if ever I get to go back to the states.

Anyway, time to hit the sack. Exams later, can't be late. Shit, I hate this. 2009... the year of loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment