Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A lifetime of empty journal entries


Hello there, everyone. Meet Denise Marie T. Madrazo, she's been a classmate of mine for quite a while and recently she has come forward as a contributor and co-conspirator for Love In Athens. As some of you may remember, there was an eponymous song a while back. It wouldn't be wrong to assume that her connection to Love In Athens goes just as far back as well. I guess she's been listening since day one and continues to listen albeit the crude mixing and quality of my instrumental work. I thought hey if she likes it enough to know my song titles by heart, then she ought to have a piece of the pie. (pun intended) We started throwing ideas around since I made that EP for her boyfriend, Gab's birthday and well go figure it wasn't that far off to ask if she could sing.

Love In Athens on "Serenity" would still be Nep-C Ledesma and yours truly but as for future plans, from November onwards LIA will stop being a solo project and will feature a live setup with Denise on vocals and occasional piano with another friend of mine, Jadyee from sludgecore unit, A Liturgy Mired on guitar and electronics. I will be singing with Denise at times but for the most part I'll be playing bass and still handle some of the programming duties.

On a side note, DON'T LET DENISE OPEN YOUR BEDROOM WINDOW! As for now, I'm still trying to fend off the endless swarm of assorted woodland creatures that invaded my room last night. As far as I'm concerned, the only invasive exotic in here is ME.

That would be all for now. I'm really excited to get to work on this right after Caitlyn Bailey's short Luzon tour.


Next stop, a Love In Athens tour? Let's see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment