Monday, October 12, 2009

Miles away and oceans apart


Right now, I'm reading a wonderful little book called Long Distances by Fabienne Marsh. Although the book itself seems to be a rather worthwhile read, the opening quote to the 'Michaelmas' section seals the deal right then and there:


"I often sit down to a letter not because I intend writing anything of importance to you, but just to touch a piece of paper which you will be holding in your hand."- Sinyavsky


Seeing as how a number of previous engagements have been subject to the whole situation of "I'm over here and she's way over there", the whole thing makes a lot of sense to me. Will be trading this book in for another one with a similar concept when I'm done reading. Right, Nads? On a side note, I haven't really received any letters in recent memory. Haven't sent any either. I guess things are different with the internet nowadays but hey who knows, maybe someday someone might bring this whole thing back.

As for now, the most sincere part of me... it just got lost in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment