Friday, May 8, 2009

Drive me a little bit further and whisper what's on your mind

"Hold me a little bit longer, take me somewhere else. Tell me whatever you want to. I'm such a fool for you. Drive me a little bit further, whisper what's on your mind."

This album is the perfect soundtrack to a long drive and as blasphemous as it sounds, I'd prefer this over shoegaze staples like My Bloody Valentine's Loveless and Slowdive's Souvlaki. The release has a very dark and sensual vibe throughout, something that's all too often hinted on in bands of this type but never executed to its fullest extent. From their early days on the legendary Sarah Records label, the band has grown from being the little innocent Sarah pop band to this brooding, hazy shoegazing beast. To the members of Secret Shine, I'd like to salute you for giving me a new set of words to live by and an amazing album that'll always be there to pick me up when I'm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment