Saturday, May 30, 2009

Untitled

Taken before an accident on the way home from Nevada

With every step we take, we move closer towards the arms of a thousand sunsets. In tongues, we speak of ourselves and our histories; writing each other pages inked in the language of footsteps. "From here on in, we tread lightly." you said. "From here on in, we are unbound and freed from the shackles of our trails." I replied.

We exist in the blur that lies between tomorrow and our every yesterday. For years I've known this; since you came in, I started believing. With eyes fixed to the stars outside my window, I sighed. Your reflection in the night sky as witness, i spoke:

"...and in this blur, there was clarity. Only since the moment I found you."

Thus was another step into the arms of a thousand sunsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment