Friday, May 29, 2009

Going peacefully

ETERNITY WASTED ON THE DYING
no one will thank you when you're dead



The other day, I went downtown to break the sheer monotony of staying at home with my mom and my brother all week. I picked up some comforters from the laundromat and I was basically done with what I had to do. Well, lo and behold; another thing to add to the list of things I should've thought of before saying or doing. Following the template for potential alcoholism, I decided to drink by myself again. After dinner and a few beers at Brew's, things got pretty stale quick. Ateneo's usually desolate around this time so it was highly unlikely that I'd end up seeing anyone I know walking around the area. I left, a bit tipsy at that but yeah still standing and my motor skills weren't down the shitter yet. Walking up Juan Luna over to Jacinto where I parked, I gave up on thinking of where I should go next. I was too broke to go shopping, too tired to hang out elsewhere and hanging out with some of my other friends would just bore the shit out of me in my generally unmotivated state. What to do? I got into the car and drove off for a while. Departing from my usual route, I drove to Bankerohan and back, passing Brokenshire and some cemetary along the way. Somewhere along Dona Vicenta, it clicked. "Why don't I take a walk?", I thought to myself. I remembered the cemetery I passed by earlier so yeah, you know the deal.

Before I knew it, I was back at that gated cemetery sifting through people's headstones and looking to see if they had cool names or died young. Oddly enough, I didn't see anyone in my immediate age group. A lot of them were born in the 40s/50s and were buried with their spouses. Pretty Jake Bannon if you ask me, taking their love to the grave as per The Broken Vow. Anyway, it wasn't long before I started getting the creeps and found myself taking pictures of cats eating out of dumpsters and kids playing around mausoleums. I went home real quick afterwards. It was about to rain anyway so yeah.

I got home sometime past 8pm. Felt heavy afterwards though; I'm not exactly sure what I brought back home from this excursion but something's telling me I missed something. Some hidden message coded within my course of action or whatnot. Whatever it is though, I'll find out somehow. Maybe it's just me being bored as shit without anything (or anyone) to look forward to when I get home.

It's Friday, she's probably back home from her beach trip by now. I seriously hope she's on later; I really missed having her around in the wee hours of the morning. I mean, honestly I've been listening to RnB all week since she left and I swear, the stuff's growing on me. Nobody ever gets ME into new music I haven't previously gotten into. NOBODY. Well, that's changed. At least Erykah Badu's keeping me company in the meantime so it's not all bad.

I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment