Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Years spent in passing

You wouldn't want to be in there.



OH YES, LOVE WON'T FADE!
  1. Some girls give me bad luck and majorly cramp my style.
  2. Jehovah will go Chuck Norris on your ass if you question him.
  3. My lady friends are all hooking up and I'm happy for them.
  4. Someone's been under the radar lately.
  5. Years we spend in passing; the past few days and Love In Athens.



Haven't blogged for the past few days and I guess I have a little catching up to do. First off, for a pretentious and openly agnostic art fag such as myself, it's funny how I still subscribe to some vague notion of "good" and "bad" luck. Well, relativity aside it's just odd having skimmed through Nausea and still occasionally (read: often) act in light of what Sartre would call "bad faith". Book references aside and simply put, I'm superstitious. I have superstitions for a lot of stupid things; inevitably one of them would include girls.
I don't want to appear like more than a conceited, self-consumed jerk than I have to but for the record, as much as I enjoy the attention it just fucks things over every time "those" girls crash the little party I have going on in my head. So far, I don't have anything. I'm single, yeah but I sort of made up my mind that I'm placing my bets on someone I wouldn't regret falling for if ever things work out well. Can't I ever get anything I want without any of the incessant distractions? Honestly everyone, fuck off. I want this and I'll wait and slave over this until I get it or fail miserably. You girls are cramping my style and that's not cool. The more attention I pay you people, the farther away I drift from whichever goals I have in mind. Moral of the story? I SHOULD KEEP MY EYES ON THE PRIZE, PERIOD.

In other news, my brother got into a car accident the other day. It was a bit past midnight, he was on his way back when some motorcycle with 0328490328409832047 people on it sideswiped him. He swerved and rammed a hole into the side of a building. It looked pretty bad when I visited the wreckage. The car was totalled but at least he got out with no more than tons of bruises and a few cuts. We picked him up from the hospital that same morning. He is currently in the other room recovering and enjoying relative infamy for appearing on TV the day after; allegedly spewing expletives in straight call center english. I'd like to blame the motorcycle driver for this but I get the sinking feeling his de facto girlfriend's family put Jehovah up to it. Moral of the story? JEHOVAH WILL GO CHUCK NORRIS ON YOUR ASS! RESPECT!

I've been blogging about how happy I am being good friends with a lot of charming, beautiful and inspiring women. Here's something about them; two of them at least. Mimi and I have been close for a while and we spend most of our time talking about other people. She told me once about this guy from school she sort of liked, some BMX rider guy who listened to pop-punk and was all shy and stuff whenever he texted/talked to her on the phone. She hasn't really been into anyone since she broke up with her last boyfriend and that was a loooong time ago so yeah, this is sort a big thing for her. Interest sort of waned for a while, then suddenly this guy comes back and tells her he likes her. What does this spell? Absolute win for her. She had him around her finger for a while, then she got drunk as shit with a few friends and ended up calling him to let her know how she felt. Sounds like a package deal, right? Moving on, Denise is a friend of mine that I used to have a crush on from first year college up to fairly recently. We have our fair share of mutual friends and listen to some of the same music so yeah, we always had stuff to talk about. We're pretty much just friends now. She's been talking to me about her boy problems for quite a while and now she's going out with someone new who apparently ISNT like her previous boyfriend. Turns out, I know the guy AND the guy's mother. My verdict? I APPROVE. My lady friends are hooking up and for lack of a better term, kinikilig ako. Moral of the story? Anything is better than talking about how you and 9 other guys jumped a guy and beat the crap out of him. Girls, honestly I love all of you. You never cease to inspire me.

Speaking of inspiration, someone particularly inspiring has been under the radar lately. Yeah, it's her again. Haven't spoken to her for days. Apparently, she's trying to adjust her body clock and I've been waiting here like an idiot all night since forever. Then again, I'm sort of an idiot for forgetting she told me she'd be sleeping earlier, so we're even. We're talking right now though and things are good. The more I talk to her, the deeper I seem to drift into uncharted territory. I don't want to say what it is before it is what it is but yeah. I'm this close to breaking it out in the open. Well, for the sake of all that's good (or in this case, in "bad faith"), I'm keeping my eyes on the prize. Patience, Francis, patience! There is no way I'm letting this much win pass and like I said earlier, I want this and I won't let this fail. At least I'll be hearing "aren't you going to sleep yet?" again before I go to bed. That's a nice thought.

In other news, Love In Athens' next EP will be called Years We Spend In Passing. It'll have three songs in it, one instrumental and two actual songs. I just spoke with Angelie about this yesterday and she agreed to help me out in the vocal department for this record so in Sarah Records tradition, this will be a short three-song EP with both male and female vocals. I'm writing lyrics for this and I'm still trying to come up with a fairly decent way of laying them over the songs. It should be out, real soon. I'll post updates soon. Almost final mixes are up on the Love In Athens Myspace. Check it out if you have time.

I'll get back to this soon.


"Now, we watch the glow; "Oh no!" as the fire comes and I want to say "oh yes!" love won't fade. Now, it's time to go; I watch as the star explodes and we are one just floating to oblivion."- Secret Shine, Oblivion

1 comment: